Congratulations to our friends George and Carolyn at Zesto Audio have received the “2013 Editors Choice Awards” in the March issue of The Absolute Sound for both the Leto Preamp and the Andros Phonostage!!!
Zesto Audio Introduces the Leto Preamp
In 2011 we introduced our debut product, the Andros PS1 phonostage. We have been gratified by the glowing reviews, industry awards and enthusiastic acceptance by audiophiles.
Now we’re pleased to announce the Leto preamp, born of the same sonic bloodline: warm, musical and very quiet.
Basics Rule: My design philosophy is to focus only on the important components and add nothing that could compromise the signal path. The only active components are the vacuum tubes that create a warm musical sound.
Balanced Means Lower Noise: As a longtime audio engineer and producer, I’ve worked with a lot of professional equipment. I always preferred “true floating balanced” inputs and outputs because of their foolproof ability to isolate one piece of gear from the next.
And that means lower noise for a strong, clean and quiet signal.
Easy to Use: The Leto preamp will compliment any system: tube, solid state or digital. It will work with single-ended and balanced input source or power amplifier combinations.
Focus on the Music: With the Leto in your system it will allow the sonic detail to come through, so you focus is on the music and the hardware will seem to disappear.
- Plenty of volume to handle all your source material .
- The input selection uses only electromechanical switching to provide the most musical detail.
- The wide frequency response allows you to hear the finest passages in your music.
- True floating transformer balanced Inputs and Outputs have lower noise and isolate one piece of gear to the next.
- Left and Right ground switches allows you to control the grounding of the single ended outputs.
- The output transformers provide a strong and clean signal to your power amplifier.
- Recessed RCA and XLR connectors are high quality, Gold plated, with an isolated ground.
- All connectors are durable and will hold up to the typical Audiophile who loves to change their configuration.
- No pops when the unit is turned on or off.
- Automatically goes to mute when turned on or off.
- Remote control Volume, Mute and Mono
- The remote Mono helps you to trouble shoot your system.
- Remote bypass switch overrides the mute in case the remote is misplaced.
- 50 hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes.
- Elegantly designed 16 gauge zinc plated steel enclosure to help isolate the electronic “chatter” from nearby equipment.
- Award winning Isonode anti-vibration feet
- On/Off power switch conveniently mounted on front side panel
- Each unit is hand built “Made in the USA”.
- 5 Inputs
- 3 sets of Single Ended inputs with an impedance of 100K Ohms
- 2 sets of true Balanced transformer inputs (pin 2 hot) with an impedance of 10K Ohms
- All inputs -10dB nominal level
- Maximum peak input level of 4 Volts RMS
- 4 Outputs
- 2 sets of true Balanced transformer outputs (pin 2 hot) with an impedance 150 Ohms
- 2 sets of Single Ended outputs with an impedance 150 Ohms
- Maximum peak output level of 10Volts RMS +20dB
- Independent ground lift switches on the left and right Single Ended outputs
- 1 set of Single Ended Cinema bypass outputs from input #1
- Frequency response 10Hz to 100Khz ~ 1dB
- Distortion ~ 0.02% at 1V RMS input
- Gain 12dB
- Signal to noise ~ 100dB below operating level
- Non inverting output polarity
- Cross talk >90dB
- Front panel adjustable balance control
- Remote control volume, mute and mono
- Remote bypass switch on rear panel (just in case the remote is misplaced)
- 1% metal film resisters throughout
- Polypropylene capacitors throughout the audio path
- Power consumption 27W, 0 drain when off
- Voltage 110/120V AC 60Hz
- Optional factory installed 240V AC 50/60Hz
- Standard 3 pin IEC power connector
- ON/OFF power switch conveniently located on the side panel
- Two internal high quality linear regulated power supplies, 250V and 12V
- Two (2) Gold pin JJ ECC83S/12AX7 vacuum tubes
- Two (2) Gold pin JJ ECC82/12AU7 vacuum tubes
- High quality ceramic sockets
- Each unit is hand made in the USA
- 50 hour factory burn in on all circuits and vacuum tubes
- Dimensions 17” W X 12” D X 5” H
- Weight 23 lbs.
- 16 gauge zinc plated steel enclosure
- Award winning Isonode anti-vibration feet
- Two year limited warranty
- Six months warranty on Vacuum Tubes
- Recessed RCA and XLR connectors are Gold plated with an isolated ground.
- All switches and knobs are easily accessible, nothing hidden inside to adjust.
Retail price $7500